Iron Man II

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 · Posted in



     


I think Jessy and I are going through an Avengers craze right now.

Anyway, I wanted to practice painting and used Iron Man as the subject. Found a reference from Google to create this portrait. I think the hardest part was trying to mix the right colors for the gold part of Ironman's mask...without using gold paint. At first I just added black or white to the yellow paint that I had, but it kept looking more like green vomit. I was thinking that maybe compliments would work better, so I created a purple palette to mix with the yellow. It worked out better than I thought. It also made the greenish color look less like vomit, which made me cry tears of joy.

I might paint over the background with a lighter color instead of just black, because his suit is kind of getting lost in it.

Other than that, I am happy with how the portrait turned out. (:

~ Alex

One Response to “Iron Man II”

All artwork belongs to LILITH. Copyright characters belong to their respective owners. Powered by Blogger.